Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lilith in 7th House Sagittarius; Femme Fatale on The Descendant

"But I will not submit to you and be put beneath you,
Like a serving maid.
He conquers me, he who dares to pay my price.
I ask too much, you say? Yet I give all.

Watch out, you man, I warn you.
When I leave, you will fall asleep
And your rib will be taken out for your mate.
You banish me, but you will be cast out from the garden
And struggle to be reborn.
I will return to remind you of what you really want.
How you feel broken with a mate who is part of you,
Like a crutch."
- author unknown


The Dark Moon Lilith is the counterpart of Luna, the visible moon. Both are feminine energies which are associated with emotion and femininity, but with opposite aims. While Luna receives her fulfillment through nurturing and caring for others, Lilith is wholly self fulfilled and self defined. She lives in the shadow of our more accepted, open and nurturing emotional nature, governing the darkest, most secretive emotions we carry- shame, guilt, indignance, hatred, bitterness and jealousy. Where Luna is giving of herself, Lilith is the femme fatale- seeking to take pleasure for herself whenever needed.

Together, Lilith and Luna represent the complex polarity of femininity. Where Luna is soft, kind and nurturing, Lilith is strong, a disciplinarian, and will eagerly battle anyone who threatens the well-being of her self or her loved ones.

Lilith's placement in the chart is especially important to women, as it represents how, why, and when she expresses this harder side of her femininity. A woman with strong Lilith influence (Lilith is in my 7th house, on my Descendant, conjunct my natal Neptune and trine my natal Sun & Mercury) will find that her outward femininity is more Lilith than Luna in spite of herself. In a man's chart Lilith's placement shows the issues he may have with the women in his life. A man's Black Moon represents, in the same way the mythological Lilith did to Adam, the type of woman he fears most, yet needs to feel truly whole.

When a woman's Lilith is found in Sagittarius a deeply rooted, fierce independence appears which permeates into the native's every day life. These individuals, as a result, will have very few truly close, personal commitments to others. They are driven by both an insatiable wanderlust and a spine tingling fear of any kind of dependence. As a result of this, there will be great instability in the area of personal, intimate relationships, but a greater power than most in the social-universal areas of human existence. These women are The Feminine's generals. At their very core they are devoid of the need for security and protection that some women have, and are therefore next to impossible to possess in traditional ways.

Lilith in Sagittarius has an independence fetish, to put it mildly. How powerful she feels is directly parallel with the amount of autonomy she currently holds, and this has a strong influence on her sexuality. A "powerless" Lilith in Sag native will hold her sexuality closely to herself, and any partner who attempts to control her will soon find him/herself replaced. There is no middle ground for Lilith in Sagittarius where her personal power is concerned. If you can accept and embrace her free spirit, she stays. If you try to suffocate it, she goes.

It follows that the choice of a partner is most often one with qualities of independence that would guarantee Lilith in Sag's ability to come and go as she pleases. This in no way implies a lack of devotion, but simply an unusually strong restlessness which the native is (sometimes painfully) aware must be obeyed. Intimate relationships will be spirited, probing and exciting until the native begins to feel there is no more room for personal growth. When Lilith in Sag feels the growth potential dwindling in her partnership, it will begin to feel like a fence around her that she will struggle to resist jumping- sometimes in contrast to her deeper understanding of the relationship itself.

When a woman's Sag Lilith is found in the 7th house (the house of partnership), she is even further torn between commitment and independence. The general energy of Lilith desires to reject intimate commitment, while the 7th house concerns itself solely with it's acceptance. Instead of rejecting it outright, this placement instead attempts to express the power of her autonomy THROUGH her partnerships, which is difficult to do realistically. Although she appears at times unshakable, a perceptive few may notice a weariness behind this one's eyes. This weariness is caused by enduring the chaos of her own constantly changing life, as well as a dangerously deep, suppressed anxiety concerning partnerships that she has abandoned due to her restlessness. 7th house Sag Lilith privately wonders, "What kind of life would I be living right now if I had stayed?" She protects her independence fiercely while simultaneously desiring to be partnered, at times all too aware of the beauty of the fish she's thrown back to the sea.

When Lilith is conjunct the descendant, natives will find themselves unreasonably attracted to dark, secretive and rebellious types, regardless of the trouble they cause. She draws partners to her who desire relationships with strongly Lilithian women- women who are confident, authoritarian, and fiercely autonomous. This is because natives are driven to use the arena of partnership to explore Lilith's power, and only a mate who can keep up with her, as her equal, will do if this is to take place. At the heart of her, Lilith on the Descendant wishes to find a partner who will somehow, through his/her very being, cause her to desire deep, willing intimate surrender. This is a complex dance, however, when the Descendant Lilith falls on is in Sagittarius, as the native will insist that it happen naturally and without prompting. Any partner attempting to force this surrender, or coax her to it in any deliberate way, will soon find him/herself alone.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

True..Absolutaly agree on this one. Men seems to don't understand us or are affraid of us...wonder why ???
It's like false perception - they manage to see only one side of us..
But before reading this - I was always wondering why men either love me or hate me...

Anonymous said...

I have lilith in leo in 7th house conjunct my descendent... it's very interesting to be me I guess, ha ha

Anonymous said...

I usually like somebody that don't like me back, and when they do i don't like them anymore, is twisted, but i can't helped, is this a defense mecanism?? i'v lilith in 7th in sag sqr venus in piscis. What do you think??

Anonymous said...

I also felt the same... she never show that she love me.. but she did (girl in office secretly married).... may be ! haha...
i have Uranus (R), Neptune and Lilith in Sagittarius, in 7th house, which is in Sagittarius where as in 5th house there Mars Conjunct Saturn (R) Conjunct Pluto (R) in Libra, Virgo 5th house.
help please.. :)

annoymous said...

How about Lilith in Scorpio? I have Lilith in Scorpio in the 11th house, of sociability, friendships,groups, communities etc. Conjunct my Pluto in Scorpio. Its funny because on the outside I am this cute little Gemini sun Sag rising happy sunshine smiles, but I lost a lot of friends because when people got to know me they said I was too intense for them and made them feel uncomfortable. Doesn't help that my 11th house is in Scorpio with my Lilith and Pluto in Scorpio in it. Sometimes my Venus in Taurus in my 5th house in Taurus helps me to try and show people I'm really not this big bad wolf. I love art and I do try to make my atmosphere beautiful

Anonymous said...

Well put!

Anonymous said...

Alas, only too true. I have Dark Moon Lilith in close conjunction with my Descendant in Gemini (another mutable sign like Sagittarius) -- and needless to say, romantic partnerships have always been a source of frustration and profound disappointment for me. I would love to find someone with whom it would be safe to give my heart -- but not everyone is worthy of trust, and anyone who tries to persuade me (or worse, force me) to trust him when I don't yet see proof that he can give as well as take winds up with a battle on his hands. I'm a strong-willed and fairly independent person, and while I've learned to give up a lot of the desire for control over other people, I'm not willing to let them control me either. Unfortunately, in my experience -- or at least, this is how it's often come across to me -- a lot of men seem to perceive me as a "slut" who's willing to hook up casually with just about anyone even though that's not who I am. I can only assume Lilith is responsible because I don't dress or act that way. Quite a few men have tried to lie to me and use me in order to cheat on a wife or girlfriend, but I'm not comfortable with that -- fortunately for me, only one man completely succeeded in tricking me and I dumped him as soon as I found out the truth.

Anonymous said...

I have Lilith in Sag, 7th house less than 1 degree conjunct my desc...this hit home hard haha

Unknown said...

Mmmmm tingly

Made me feel all understood right here

Unknown said...

Mmmmm tingly

Made me feel all understood right here

Anonymous said...

..I found out I have Lilith in my 7th house in conjunction with Neptue in sag on my natal chart. That explains a lot. I have trouble understanding relationships. I give too much or too little..
Fear of commitment and fear of separation seem to go hand in hand.. When everything goes too well I get anxious, when things go bad I want to save the relationship.. very contradictory

McM said...

I didn't think I'd find anything so specific. Thanks! I also am lillith in Sagittarius 7th hs. Conjunct DC.

Post a Comment