Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chiron in 12th House Taurus (note: asteroids are heavy, btw)

The asteroid Chiron is the Wounded Healer, an entity which exists to unlock, teach and heal through suffering. By sign, Chiron infers where we most suffer throughout life, the area where we tend to have the "worst luck."By house, it shows where this suffering tends to manifest. Although it seems dreary, Chiron brings with it's suffering the possibility for profound growth once the patterns which cause so mcuh pain are acknowledged and dealt with.

Chrion in Taurus has a constant pain of neglect, often feeling that what they have is never enough- materially, emotionally, mentally or spiritually. They lack solid value structure, and feel that they are never quite "full." Their hearts seem to need consistent re-filling as they quickly and constantly empty themselves. There is a propensity to deny true happiness as a result, and natives instead opt to collect material things that will never change or leave them, and also tend to hold on to experiences and memories of pleasure long after the point of pleasure has left their lives. They long for love but devalue it, fearing that they may someday lose the ability to sustain themselves emotionally.

Chiron in Taurus is, above all things, a preserver of value. It's easier, and hurts less, to hold onto objects or memories because they cannot change. Their value to the native thusly stays the same, instead of shifting, increasing or decreasing. Taurus concerns itself so heavily with protection and safety that Chiron in Taurus natives will seem to go to great lengths to preserve their wound, deeply terrified of the risks they must take in order to heal themselves.

Additionally, natives with Chiron in Taurus typically have bizarre sexual habits because of the strong influence of Chiron on Venusian energy (Taurus is ruled by Venus). There are deeply complex (sometimes subconscious) issues of sexual dominance/submission, and fantasies of rape or bondage may be present. The Chiron/Venus influence also makes natives particularly receptive to kundalini energy, which can be as damaging as it can be beneficial- depending on how mentally prepared natives are for the changes it brings.

When Taurus Chiron is found in the 12th house, natives are experimenters and are often multi-talented. They are not easily able to ignore what they don't understand, and so are driven to uncover the hidden truths behind apparent reality in order to protect themselves from all angles. They are in constant fear that a door will open to them when they are unprepared, and so feel they must learn as much as they can on every possible subject. They have an almost obsessive interest in the past, and thusly a talent for bringing things from the past into the present to make them once again useful.

12th house Taurus Chiron typically has a very strong awareness of the unrealized potential (wounds) in both situations and people, which only further complicates their disordered value structure. They will invest an almost obscene amount of time and effort into helping others realize their hidden potentials, only to receive little to no appreciation for it in the aftermath. In fact, they may even experience harsh judgments and false accusations from those they guide, mentor, and help. This is one of the most frequently experienced traits of this position, but at the same time natives have an almost unnerving lack of concern for it. There is a very strong awareness here of a greater power (be it a God, karma, fate, or some other manifestation of what is arguably the same energy) which tends to both constantly humble individuals with this placement and also prevent them from demanding the recognition they deserve for aiding in the success of others.

Quite frequently they are known for their intellectual arrogance, and quite probably enjoy taking on the role of dissenter. It is also quite common for them to not realize how they hinder themselves by holding maverick views. Their maverick nature often takes them into areas that are not properly appreciated or recognized by society. This may cause them some disappointment or emotional damage, as they (perhaps oddly) have a very real need to belong to the society in which they find themselves, even as it continues to fail to make sense to them.

Most are moody, and may seem to attract grief magically. They are confronted time and time again by curve-balls, which only adds to their impossible obsession with complete understanding. After a time, isolation tendencies appear as natives look for healing in retreat. There is a high risk for substance abuse for people with this placement, as intoxicating conditions both comfort and make sense to them. At their deepest possible level they may feel they are caught in limbo between the material and the spiritual world, at times not knowing which is truly real.

When Chiron is found in the 12th house, natives are bestowed a strong physic, intuitive gift which sets them apart from most. This gift could include psychic healing abilities, clairvoyance, and/or a talent for spiritually guiding others. Their early expressions of these talents were likely looked down upon or ignored in childhood, causing natives to hide or deny them. For this reason, there is a danger that natives will commit themselves to "gurus" or Christ figures throughout life, as they will admire and envy their lost talents when seen in others, forgetting that the magic still exists inside of them.

Many of these issues will be brought to a head during the natives first Saturn Return, and they will be forced to either work toward healing or give themselves over completely to another's spiritual leadership. There has been discussion between professional and student astrologers that those 12th house Chiron individuals strong enough to come out of their Return intact will be instrumental in the rebuilding of a (some would say inevitably forthcoming) new social renaissance, as their perception of how the world should be is more correct than they have ever been given credit for.

18 comments:

Poetik said...

Interesting... I have chiron in taurus also... except conjunct my AC

Nanu said...

Very interesting... Lol. Well, I have A Gemini Chiron in the 12th. I do find that I am constantly interested in life, what happened before my consciousness, and the effects of my actions now and how they will manifest in the latter lives. I feel myself connected to different realms of reality and many times it is very hard for me to connect with the physical realm, and to tend to mundane tasks. I am obsessidly drawn to astrology and all of its intricate aspects, and society is definitely not ready or equipt to understand how the transits of the planets so uniquely tie into life's existance and I often get a look of disapproval when I try to read people's charts or when people check me looking at the daily transits. I don't know, but I have always felt very different, and like I am on the outside looking in, watching life happen, often times, unable to connect, until very recently, it was nearly impossible to find that balance.

amhoanna said...

Great article. Thanks. What do you mean by coming out of the first Saturn Return "intact"?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your insights!I have Chiron in Taurus in the twelfth, but because it's intercepted,I believe it's taken me a bit longer to understand it's influence in my life. Pretty much related to everything you said: Never feeling like I had enough or was enough, issolation tendencies, feeling intelectualing superior, subtance abuse, healing abilities from an early age. My Saturn Return two years ago kicked my ass, but was also the biggest awakening during which I rediscovered my love for hands on helaing, Reiki and Kundalini Ki. Thanks for your post!

Anonymous said...

i hope i survive my saturn returns which is now underway. this post made me a bit teary as i realize it is all true.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I also have a chiron in taurus in the 12th house.

Anonymous said...

So interesting! Not to mention right on target. It has explained my bizarre spiritual journey thus far, and is making me consider my next move into energy healing. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great post, we seem to have very similar charts indeed. I found your website through a search for Ceres in Scorpio in the 6th house. I also have Mars, Saturn, Pluto in Libra in the 5th, Jupiter in Scorpio in the 6th, and Uranus and Neptune in the 6th and 7th in Sagittarius. I'm most interested in what you have to say on Chiron and psychic abilities. I work as a professional psychic, tarot reader, remote viewer, and medium.

Thanks again for the insights.

Anonymous said...

Taurus Chiron in the twelfth. Saturn return kicked my ass, really woke me up by tearing down my whole world and self image, but now 3 years later I feel like I'm blooming and happy, most of all with a great sense of faith in life :)

moonfruit said...

I also have this placement! Everything you said is so true lol...what do you think of the gemini part? Do you have any communication issues? I do..but I cant seem to figure out what the relation is with the 12th house.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have taurus chiron in 12th but can relate to you guys a lot!! maybe because of the gemini sun...
And at first didnt want to accept that because it is really really very true - everithing said in the post... made me feel pathetic and all my life so far as well but that's because people with this placement just dont belong much here, do we? Curious enough - most comments are anonymous including myself, 12th house doesnt like to reveal itself. Why dont we get together? I just realized whatit is about and would appreciate further input! Thanks!

Lady Chiron Astrology said...

I have this...Natal Chiron in Taurus, in the 12th house. Thank you for addressing it directly.

Anonymous said...

This article as it appears is what I have been seeking all of my life! THANK U for shedding light on what has been tormenting me almost all my life. THANK U from the bottom of my heart!!!

STOLLY said...

Wow, I have this placement chiron in taurus in the 12th. Your phrase, "on the outside looking in" totally resonates with me.

Unknown said...

100% spot on.... quite incredible really....
I do have a weird knack of seeing other people’s wounds.. needless to say it quite often is not appreciated by others.. most people don’t like that rawness... I think I scare people sometimes.. deep down we are all the same but, we are not alone in our painful feelings...

Em said...

My Chiron is also in 12H Taurus and same degree conjunct with my Taurus moon in 12. This placement is EXTREMELY emotionally difficult

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I have this placement. Chiron, Taurus 12th house. So , is this favorable placement if I want to do psychology or /and astrology?

Anonymous said...

Hi there ….Chiron in Taurus , 12th …the worst position . The analysis is absolutely accurate. I believe that The depreciation during childhood is the main part .

Post a Comment